WHAT ARE EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Eyelash extensions have become a favorite and popular beauty secret for women of all ages. Eyelash extensions are strands of synthetic hairs individually adhered with a special adhesive to one’s own lashes to add length, thickness and fullness. Lash extensions enhance the natural look of the eye and add a radiant and youthful appearance to the wearer. Extensions are applied onto the eyelash itself and never come in direct contact with one’s skin.
- Be as gentle as possible to your new lash extensions. Avoid touching or rubbing them.
- Avoid swimming, steam rooms, saunas, or extreme heat for a period of 48 hours after application.
- Do not get them wet for the first 24 hours after they have been applied.
- Do not use an eyelash curler on your lash extensions. This will break the adhesive bond on the extensions and could damage your natural lashes.
- Do not use oil-based products such as oil-based eye makeup or makeup remover on or near your lash extensions. Oil-based products can disrupt the adhesive and cause your extensions to fall out sooner than expected. Baby shampoo is gentle and excellent at removing makeup!
- When cleaning your face, avoid rubbing your eyes.
- When removing makeup near your lash extensions, gently go over the eye area. Clean up and away from the lash extensions.
- Mascara is not recommended on your eyelash extensions because they will cause the extensions to fall out sooner. If you prefer to wear mascara, either use a water-based mascara or purchase mascara specially formulate for eyelash extensions at The AfterLash.
- To straighten out any stray lashes, use a clean spoolie brush and gently straighten them out.
- Do not pull on your eyelash extensions or you can risk plucking out your natural eyelashes. Natural lashes can take 2 to 4 months to grow back.
- Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself. Either wait for the extensions to fall off naturally, or schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed.
- Maintain your lash extensions with a regular touch-up appointment.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Do not curl or perm your natural lashes before your appointment. The lash extensions will not attach to crimped eyelashes.
- Do not wear eye makeup or oils in the eye area. Please remove any eye makeup with an oil-free cleanser prior to the application process.
- Do not put on mascara. Removing mascara can be time-consuming and any residual makeup and/or mascara will prevent proper application of the lash extensions.
- The AfterLash does not perform refill services on extensions applied at other salons. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. If you currently wear lash extensions not applied at The AfterLash, it is required that they are removed. A new set of lash extensions will be applied at your first visit.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Silencing your cell phone during the application process will allow you to “unplug” and relax. You can listen to your own audio, if you prefer. Also, feel free to take a nap during your appointment and let The AfterLash transformation begin.